The University's mission, vision and objectives and its performance in risk management, research, education and community and engagement.
- Mission, vision and objectives
- The new strategic plan, UWA 2020 Vision, reaffirms the objective 'to advance the welfare and prosperity of the people' through educational and research activities.
- Risk management
- The University is committed to robust risk management practices as an integral part of good management. The University’s Strategic Risk Register was refreshed in 2014.
- In 2014 the University continued its steady climb up the world rankings, now ranked fourth in Australia and 88 internationally by the world’s foremost performance indicator, the Academic Ranking of World Universities, published by China’s Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- The University of Western Australia aspires to be recognised as a global leader in university education. To achieve this purpose, it is important that the University attracts students of the highest potential, locally and internationally, and delivers our students an excellent educational experience.
- Community and engagement
- In 2014, community and engagement at the University had a heightened focus with the appointment of Professor Kent Anderson as Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Community and Engagement) in October.